Let us begin by quoting the very famous Baba Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad, “Pursue excellence, and success will follow.” – The simplest and the most effective success mantra anyone could ever give. Success is an ephemeral dream; while excellence is the perpetual reality.
But how many of us really care to understand and implement this mantra? Not many; the sole reason for this is the lack of time and patience. Also, as human beings, it is our tendency to follow an adaptation of Newton’s first law of motion, which simply boils down to the fact that people don’t want to get out of their comfort zone; and we cannot blame homo-sapiens entirely for that.
Now let us look at the current scenario. With the advent of this cut-throat era, everyone is in a rat-race. Everyone is under an assumption that if you don’t run fast, someone will drag you back, stranding you nowhere. This is more of a regressive frame of mind. Why lose sleep over someone pulling you back? Why not try to run faster and achieve excellence that leads to success? We at WeCP believe that there are 3 A’s that can help you achieve the same :
– Attitude to move ever onward
– Aptitude to match your attitude
– Assessment of the aforementioned.
However, we find that there aren’t appropriate methods to assess the excellence of the candidates. In other words, there is a lack of quality assessments focusing on various roles and with the lack of quality assessment, the candidates are stuck between the devil and the deep sea. The candidate works tirelessly to excel in his skill but there is no reliable method to testify it. Also, there is a disadvantage to the recruiters as they are not able to hire the perfect set of people for fulfilling a particular role. There are generic assessments that test the general skills, but there is a huge dearth of assessments that test a candidate’s eligibility for a specific role.
So the question is, what makes a quality assessment to test the excellence for a specific job role? What is it that can testify that he/she has what it takes to excel in that particular field? What is it that can attest the appropriate skill set and attitude to progress in these fields?
With an increasingly competitive job market and the ever-so-competitive hunt for talent, WeCP helps you recruit the best among the rest with the help of business-centric assessments. Not only this, we have tailor-made assessments for on-the-job growth and testing of the professionals which is very specific to the role they perform.
Be it a job of a ‘Truck driver’ or a ‘Sales Manager,’ both require some relevant skill-set which can be testified with the aid of quality assessments. The inability of a truck driver to understand a certain road sign can cause a massacre. Similarly, the inability of a sales manager to adapt to a new methodology in an early stage can have major repercussions on the operations and profitability of the enterprise. WeCP creates assessments for testing all these and much more.
Let us look at a small set of problem that aids the discussion above which and shows how WeCP Problems can solve these issues and assist in hiring quality candidates and assessing the working professionals for their job specific role.
1. Employment-assessment for Truck Driver :
Department: Logistics and Supply-Chain Management
- Proven commercial driving work experience.
- Class A driver’s license
- Good stamina and ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of “Truck-driving rules” and “Road signs”.
- Good hand-eye coordination to handle unexpected situations.
- Good map-reading skills
The basic motivation, behind the problem, is to assess the candidate on their thoroughness of technical pre-trip check and their knowledge of common hazard indications.
2. Employment-assessment for Sales Manager:
Department: Sales Department
- Bachelor’s degree; business and marketing majors preferred.
- Building the sales team; coaching the sales team in a right manner.
- Positive attitude and highly-passionate
- Build Enthusiasm; keep the salespeople happy, motivated and engaged.
- Business acumen and Analytical ability;
- Is more of a team-person. They’re more motivated by “we” than “me”.
- Can calmly face chaos, enthusiastically embrace change, and always adjust to whatever tough challenges lie ahead.
- Lead by being an example to their sales force by high work ethics and earn their trust. If you (sales manager) set rules and deadlines, you’d better enforce them and be punctual.
- Continuous learning: to keep their skills up to date and understand the constantly changing market.
- Initiative taker; possesses both the desire and the ability to develop constructive ideas.
- Problem Solving; Look for a positive thinker who can quickly pinpoint problems, come up with solutions, and get the action going.
- Performance Management; conducting quarterly business reviews, managing non-performing sales reps and develop a plan of action.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
The basic motivation, behind the problem, is to assess the candidate on knowledge of how to deal with customers in unforeseen situations and ability to maintain the decorum of the company in such situations.
3. Employment-assessment for Cashier:
Department: Financial Department
- Strong numerical skills: Basic book-keeping and math skills
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication
- Efficient time management skills and highly attentive.
- Trustworthiness: Needless to say, a good cashier must be a trustworthy person.
- Telephone Etiquette to ensure nice customer service.
- Good Presentation skills: being able to present the transactions in an easy to understand format is also very essential
- Patience: Asides being friendly, the job of a cashier also requires being patient.
- Basic Literacy and Computer Skills
- Empathy: a genuine concern for customer’s problems.
- Knowledge of the product and related discounts.
The basic motivation, behind the problem, is to assess the ability of the candidate to critically think about a problem they will face in their everyday work and ability to think in a customer-focused manner.
On a concluding note, WeCP aspires to consistently deliver high-quality problems that are highly relevant to the clients’ work and follow industry leading testing metrics and practices. We understand the variety of the demands for assessments and we pledge to deliver excellence.